4-2-2 Invitation Rules
1. All games will be played in line with the laws of the sport of bowls.
2. Entry Fee : 8 euro p.p.
3. All matches each day will commence at 9.30am.
4. All disciplines will be played with 2 woods throughout, games will consist of 6 ends
of rinks followed by 6 ends of ladies pairs then 6 ends of mens pairs.
5. There are no trial ends, one shot only on the first end of each rinks discipline.
6. 2 points will be awarded for a win in each discipline, 1 point for a draw, a further two
points will be awarded to the rinks team with the most shots after completion of 18
ends making a maximum of 8 points possible for each 18 end game.
7. No visiting the head or remaining in the head whilst your opponent bowls.
8. If the jack is killed then it will be re-spotted as per rule 15.5 and the end completed.
9. The highest points winners in each group will contest the semi-finals, in the event of a
draw on points in any group then shot difference will determine the group winner.
If teams are still level after points and shot difference then the winner of the game
between the teams involved shall be declared the group winner.
In the unlikely event where teams are still level after above mentioned then the rinks
teams involved will play a one-end sudden death play-off.
10. Group winners will then contest the semi-finals as follows : A v B & C v D.
The semi finals and final being played in the 4-2-2 format, with the overall score after
18 ends determining the winner, not points for individual disciplines.
On completion of 18 ends if teams are still level on points, then an extra end of rinks
will be played to determine a winner.
11. The mens / ladies pairs finals will be played over 18 ends, these being contested by the
top two mens and ladies pairs from any group who are not involved in the rinks final.
An extra end will be played in event of a tie after 18 ends.
12. Substitutes will be allowed for reasonable cause, this to be determined by competition
organising committee. ( Indalo Bowling Committee )
13. No show or late arrival (15mins) then a total of 8 points and 6 shot difference will
be awarded to the opposition.
14. Skips to sign card and return to control at completion of each game.
15. Mixed club teams must play with same set of identifying bowls stickers, ( these can
be obtained from competition control ).