Footbowl League Rules
1. Teams may be of any combination, there are no trial ends.
2. To score a goal your team has to have 3 bowls counting at the completion of the
3. PENALTY if the jack is knocked out of the boundary of the rink or into the ditch
then a penalty is conceded and the end is considered completed.
4. TAKING A PENALTY On completion of the end following the penalty, the non
offending team shall have the offending teams two nearest bowls to the jack
removed, if this does not leave three woods of the non-offending nearest to the
jack then the penalty is considered to have been saved.
(The offending team cannot score a goal on this end, they can only save the penalty)
NOTE Two consecutive penalties conceded equals a goal to the opponents.
5. SCORING Pts are awarded as follows: 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a draw.
If any teams finish level on pts on completion of the group stage then goal
difference will determine the group winner.
If still level after points & shot difference then the winner of the match played
between the two teams will be declared the league winners.
6. VISITING THE HEAD Skips are allowed to visit the head.
7. NO SHOW OR LATE ARRIVAL (15 MINS) results in 3 pts and 2 goals being
awarded to the opponents.
8. If any session is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions the bowling
committee will arrange a new date for the cancelled fixture/s to be played.
9. SUBSTITUTES are allowed for genuine reasons but a team must always play at
least one original member, substitutes must be of the same or lower handicap,
in exceptional circumstances where this criteria cannot be met then a substitute
of a higher h/cap will be allowed with permission of the bowling sub-committee.
If anyone substitutes twice for the same player in a team then he/she becomes a
permanent member of that team.
Substitutes of a higher handicap are not allowed to skip.
10. REPLACEMENTS In a situation where a team lose a member permanently,
they can bring in a permanent replacement for the duration of the competition.
The competition organiser must be informed of this change.
If the replacement is of a higher handicap then they are not allowed to skip.
11. Every effort must be made to find subs when needed, playing matches outside the
advertised play dates will not be allowed.
Rule 7 will be applied if any game is not played on the advertised play date.
12. Any disputes, the bowling sub-committee ruling will be final.